What are the delivery options for accessing Lloyd's List Intelligence data?
At Lloyd’s List Intelligence, we know that every organisation is different so we deliver our market-leading maritime data in a way that suits your individual requirements.
Pushed Bespoke Delivery: FTP / SFTP + Email
- FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol. This is a standard network protocol used to transfer computer files between a client and server on a computer network. The S in SFTP stands for Secure.
- At Lloyd’s List Intelligence, we take the time to understand your data requirements, generating a bespoke data report in your chosen output format at a frequency that suit you. The files generated are then posted to Lloyd’s List Intelligence’s secure and password-protected FTP site for you to manually or automatically transfer files to your own network or computer.
- In some circumstances, the volume and velocity of data required is small enough that our clients prefer to receive data via email and we are happy to accommodate this.
Query Bespoke Delivery: SOAP API + REST API
- API stands for Application Programming Interface. Simply put, this is a software intermediary that allows two applications to communicate or share information over the internet, which could include websites, databases and computer networks.
- At Lloyd’s List Intelligence, we build a bespoke client interface unique to your organisation that allows you to query our database using your required data field parameters via your computer network or application.
- We offer two types of API service that allow your organisation’s network to interrogate our maritime database.
- Our SOAP API has been serving customers for over a decade and while considered ‘the original API’ it requires significant technology development on the client side and is therefore more expensive for you to implement. Whilst this method has its downside, it can return the more sophisticated queries some of our clients require.
- By comparison, our new REST API is cheaper to implement on the client side as the technology investment required is minimal in comparison. However, it sometimes returns more data than required, which the end user has to filter.
How will I be supported with setting up and maintaining my data delivery service?
At Lloyd's List Intelligence we are commited to offering a comprehensive service, including access to our data specialists who will fully support you during set up and build a relationship that gives you the best possible customer service.
We are flexible to suit your needs, but generally new customers will follow this process:
Still not sure what kind of data delivery service you need? Why not answer a few short questions to see which delivery method will suit your needs the best?
Take the quiz >
If you would like to discuss our data delivery options, please contact your account manager, email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +44 (0)20 7017 5392